Desire is the juice of life
There are two types of desires. Some motivate you to better yourself. These good desires lead you to a life of excellence and integrity. The other type of desires -and we all have them - lead you astray from your principals. They are caustic desires that corrode and corrupt your good intentions and life direction.
Desires that are good for you
The desire to,...
Handle money responsibly and enjoy its benefits
Desires that seduce you.
These are the desires that will destroy you if you act on them. They have nothing to do with your happiness or success. They are quick fixes for damaged emotions. Their "feel better" effect is short-lived. Their destructiveness is long-term.
The desire to,...
7 ways to stop the seduction
1. Admit that you are being seduced by your desires. You don´t have to announce it to the world. You do have to clearly say it to yourself though. Project ahead in time and understand where your current path will lead you. If it isn’t where you want to be end up, then,...
2. Identify your true and proper path. You know who you really are. You know the best that is within you. Project that person ahead in time to see what can be. How does it feel?
3. Make a list of changes that will put you on the right track. What do you need to stop doing? What do you need to do more? Keep it honest. Don´t hide from the truth anymore. No one has to see your list. It is for your eyes only.
4. Take small actions every day to break the seduction. Be aware of your desires, and one by one, replace destructive desire with constructive desire, and then act on it.
5. Revel in the results of positive action. Learn to equate your sense of satisfaction with the good feeling you get when you do the right thing. The results from your positive actions may not be immediate - but they will be real, and they will be permanent. Take pleasure in this, because they will bring you happiness and contentment.
6. Reward yourself for successfully changing each item on your list. Your true reward will come automatically, but do treat yourself with a little extra when you know in your heart that you have earned it. Make it your way of acknowledging and affirming your new direction.
7. Ask for help if it becomes clear that you are not breaking the cycle. If after a few weeks, you find yourself repeating destructive habits, despite your best intentions and efforts, then seek some assistance. It is difficult to say that you would like help, but it is far easier than spending the rest of your life on a continuing downward spiral.
Am I being seduced by my desires? Where will they lead me? Do I want to go down that road? What would a better road look like? And, what will I do to turn my life around?
Love at maturity
I want someone to love meAt some point in their lives, most people want to enter into and maintain a serious relationship. Whether you are gay, lesbian or heterosexual, the ultimate goal is to find that special ‘someone’ to spend the rest of your life with,...